Vehicle Registrations and Transfers

-A A +A


Vehicle Registrations

At time of renewal please bring in your most current registration. You may renew your registration up to 4 months early if you will be out of state at the time of renewal. You may have someone renew your registration if they have a copy of that registration, no changes are to be made, and a Photo ID. Vehicle models 2000 or newer will need to be titled. If there are 2 owners on the title, both must be present to sign the new title application. If they cannot be present you will need to bring in a notarized “Power of Attorney” in order to sign for that person. Vehicles prior to the year 2000, will require a bill of sale, and one of the following: copy of the previous owners New Hampshire Registration, a New Hampshire or Out-of-State Title, or a VIN verification (state form TDMV 19A) available at the Town Clerk’s Office. This form must be completed by a New Hampshire law enforcement officer, an authorized New Hampshire licensed auto dealer or an authorized New Hampshire inspection station. They must physically look at the vehicle to complete this form. We accept cash or check made out to the Town of Ossipee. You will be able to process your renewals on our Town Clerk’s Kiosk in a few months.


Vehicle Transfers

You may transfer your current registration and plates to a new vehicle. Your current registration is required to transfer to the new vehicle or a duplicate registration can be purchased for a fee of $18.00.

Vanity Plates

Click on Vanity Plates above to connect to state web site.